LEARN TO TAKE RISKS


Scripture: Daniel 3:19-30

“Then the king promoted Shedrack, Meshach
and Abednego in the province of Babylon” Daniel 3:30 (NKJV)

Life is all about risk. In fact, it is more risky when you don’t take a risk. I have realized that, people that make so much impact and progress in life are risk takers. Some people give flimsy excuses like “I am from a poor home so I can’t go to school; my family is cursed so I can’t make it in life.”These excuses will be detrimental to you.
The word of God is there to give you solutions to such challenges in your life. So, stop giving excuses andconfront the challenges using God’s word.

The three Hebrew boys –Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego were faced with a challenge with King Nebuchadnezzar. They were asked to bow down to another god but they refused. They were able to take that decision because they knew their God and they took the risk of believing God. They were thrown into the fierce furnace where God performed a miracle, that miracle led to their promotion. We should not however take foolish and presumptuous risk.

Our risk taking must be informed. The three Hebrew boys weren’t taking a blind risk. Notice what they told the King in Daniel 3:17; “Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.” You can see they were informed not ignorant. They acted based on what they knew.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to take calculated risks that will benefit me in life.

FAITH BYTE: I take risk based on God’s word and my faith is producing results in Jesus’ name.

No comments:

Post a Comment