COMPLETE INTEGRITY


Scripture: Job 1:1-12

“Then the Lord asked Satan, “Have you noticed my servant Job?
He is the finest man in all the earth a man of complete integrity.
He fears God and will have nothing to do with evil.” Job 1:8 NLT

I sat down one evening watching the news on TV as the citation of one of our politicians was being read, as a university was conferring on him an honorary doctor’s degree in science. Amongst other things said about this politician was that he was a man of integrity. The word integrity caught my attention as I picked up my “Queens English dictionary and thesaurus to confirm if the meaning of integrity as I knew was being used rightly in this context.

The dictionary defined integrity as honesty, sincerity, completeness, wholeness; an unimpaired condition. The politician did not rightly fit in into the dictionary definition of the word integrity. As detailed as the dictionary definition is, Job fits into all and even more. It is not possible to be all of that without Christ in your life. So Job’s key was that he had a relationship with God. He feared God. Job 1:1 (NLT) gives us a perfect picture of a man with “complete integrity” ….. There was a man named Job who lived in the land of Uz. He was blameless, a man of complete integrity. He feared God and stayed away from evil.

A man could be honest sincere; complete, whole and unimpaired, but without having the fear of God, he cannot stay away from evil. In Job 1:8… then the Lord asked Satan, “Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth – a man of complete integrity. He fears God and has nothing to do with evil.

PRAYERS: Lord, let my integrity be so hot in heaven that you oh Lord may be able to boast with me like Job.

FAITH BYTE: I desire to always have the fear of God in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment