OPPORTUNITY IN DISGUISE


Scripture: John 11:38-44

“So they took away the tone. Then Jesus looked up and said,
“Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you
always hear me but I said this for the benefit of the people standing
here, that they may believe that you sent me” John 11:41-42 (NIV)

There is a wise saying that the dark times are nothing more than opportunity in disguise. This is especially true when it has to do with God. He knows just how to engineer affairs to turn out right.

When Jesus got to the tomb, where Lazarus, was buried,
rather than see a dead man, he saw an opportunity to evangelize. With one supposedly dead situation, his action caused many to believe in him. Jesus modeled what our behaviour should be when all hope seems lost. He thanked God (John 11:41). This is the key to creating a world of opportunities out of what appears to be terrible situations. Jesus knew his Father specializes in the impossible and thanked him in advance of the answer.

Do you know the power of the God you serve? Do you truly know what he can do? When all hope seems lost, God steps right in to do what he does best - turn things around for good. What seems dead
in your life today? Have you experienced pain in the past and now you think there is no way things can be any different? Do not let the pain or past be your focus. It will dull your ability to trust God.
Focus on the solution and thank God in anticipation. The limitless opportunities that can come from the situation is in your hands.

REMEMBER TO ATTEND: Leadership/Communion Service tomorrow, 5:30PM.

PRAYER: Lord, cause me to see opportunities where situations appear different in Jesus name.

FAITH BYTE: I see everything turn around for my good because I believe God can do the impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment