BELIEVING GOD IS BELIEVING HIS WORD


Scripture: 2 Peter 1:1-11

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious
promises: that by these ye might....having escaped the
corruption that is in the world..."2Peter 1:4(KJV)

While i was studying in the University, I was also the pastor of the student fellowship with which I
identified. Once when I was visiting around the hostels to encourage the folks, one of our officers lay down with high fever from a malaria attack. Before praying for him, I asked him what scripture he was standing on for his healing, because he told me he was believing God for his healing.
His response to my question was as frightening as his deteriorating physical condition. None! He was not holding onto any promise of healing, yet he claimed he was believing God.

The promises in the Word are our only authentic escape from all the corruption that is in this world. I immediately prayed for his speedy recovery, instructing him to be rushed down to the teaching hospital for treatment.
 
He narrowly escaped death. He claimed to believe God, but he was not exercising any faith for his healing. To expect God's healing or any other blessing without administering God's medicine is as unrealistic as fetching water with a basket. The Word is God's all-purpose medicine for every sickness, physical and otherwise. (Proverbs 4:22). Get a hold of a promise that covers your case, meditate upon it, and confess it as yours over and over again, and have faith. This is how to believe God.

REMEMBER TO ATTEND: MAP Meeting (Home Fellowship) tomorrow.

PRAYING: Lord, may I always remember to receive and to stand upon Your promises for every need of my life in Jesus name.

FAITH BYTE: I declare that by the stripes of Jesus Christ, I have been healed. The word of God is working mightily in me and for me. I believe that it shall be unto me according to His Word.

2 comments:

  1. Amen 🙏
    Thank you so much for this
    The topic, the word, the prayer everything is for me
    I'm healed already.... By his strives I am healed

    ReplyDelete