REST ASSURED

Scripture: Genesis 5:28-29
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”(Matthew 11:28-29 KJV)

Noah’s name means “rest” or “comfort”.  Lamech, his father must have believed his son would provide “comfort” or “rest” from the labours of farming and give him some relief. Noah ended up providing more than physical rest; he represented righteousness and brought rest and peace to humanity in the midst of God’s judgment. Noah’s life brought rest to the earth from the curse of sin which would have destroyed humanity. He was a preacher of righteousness and God’s agent of peace. He was called by God to build an ark that would save himself,  his family members and enough animals to preserve all species, thereby making it possible for humanity to thrive till today.


Just as Noah’s life brought physical rest to the earth from sin, Christ brings rest to the soul of man. God used Noah to preserve humanity from extinction due to sin; Christ is the only way to preserve your soul from destruction today. Every time a soul gets born again, that soul gains rest from the destruction of sin. The scripture in Matthew 11:28 is an invitation to all with a load of sin, or a burden of daily cares. Jesus has promised to give you rest under the condition that you “come unto me”. Run towards him today and be rest assured.

PRAYERS:
Lord, grant me total rest in you as I walk in your ways in Jesus name.

FAITH BYTE:
There is rest for my soul in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment