LISTEN AND FOLLOW



Scripture: John 10:22-28

 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:” John 10:27 (KJV)

The sheep is considered a very humble animal. It symbolizes meekness and that is why Jesus refers to his followers as sheep (v27). As his disciples, he expects that we follow his lead
but many still find it difficult to do this.


When the sheep does not follow, it goes astray and things do not turn out well for it. To avoid this plight, the sheep has to learn its master’s voice so it knows what direction to go whenever he calls. If we are to avoid the danger of falling away from the path that God wants for us, we must own up to the truth that we cannot live without him. Our very existence and success in life depends on our ability to know the way he wants us to go.


 Do you know the Master’s voice? Can you distinguish his voice in the midst of the noise and distraction of this world? You cannot follow Jesus if you do not recognize his voice. His voice is his word. Therefore, your starting point has to be the word of God. There is no shortcut to recognizing when he speaks to you but the word. When you are filled with the word, you avoid confusion. The word of God must saturate your soul to the point where you can differentiate when the pretentious voice of the enemy speaks and when Jesus says “follow me”.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to listen and understand when you speak to me in Jesus name.

FAITH BYTE: My ears are tuned to hear and receive instructions from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment