THE POWER OF SALVATION


Scripture: Romans 1:8-17

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the
power of God unto Salvation to everyone that believeth:
to the Jew first and also to the Greek.” Romans 1:16 (NKJV)

The word translated “Salvation” in Romans 1:16 is the Greek word “sorteria” which means; rescue, prosperity, deliverance preservation, health, safety. In summary, “sorteria” captures everything that Jesus Christ died to procure for us.
Salvation includes escape from hell, being saved from self destructive lifestyles, born-again and been filled with the Spirit of God. Furthermore, it means wholeness; in finances, relationship, health, academics etc.

Our text points out that the power of salvation is the gospel (the word). That means the word is the carrier of salvation power. Romans 10:10 says “for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” What comes out of your mouth? Words, but not just any word; it is the word of God in the mouth of a faith filled heart that releases Salvation’s power.

Experience wholeness, and fullness today as you confess the word of God from your heart through your mouth.

PRAYER: By faith, I claim and enjoy all the benefits of salvation.

FAITH BYTE: I believe with my heart that I’m saved, and I confess that I am saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment