BE FIRM


Scripture: Genesis 30:25-31

“Give me my wives and my children…
appoint me thy wages and I will give it”
Genesis 30:26-28 (KJV)

Laban’s flowery speeches were meant to sway Jacob off from his resolve to leave as God instructed. Laban owned up that God had indeed blessed him because of Jacob. He proposed everything from a partnership to a large salary raise. However, Jacob declined because God told him to leave.


It always ends up in regrets when we disregard God’s voice and get swayed by the flatteries of men. Learn to define your boundaries based on God’s instructions. The Bible says “let your moderation be known unto all men.” A young anointed Prophet allowed the flatteries of an old backslidden Prophet to lure him into disobedience. He died between the Jaws of a blood thirsty Lion (1 Kings 13:24).

Imagine if Jacob had disobeyed God. What would have become of the future of God’s Israel? Be firm enough to move out when God prompts you to. Lives have been saved, souls have been spared and destinies changed when men stood up with God and shunned the flatteries of men.

PRAYERS: Help me Lord to be firm to obey your instruction.

FAITH BYTE: I firmly follow the Holy Spirit to greener pastures in life and career.

No comments:

Post a Comment