I WILL FOLLOW YOU, BUT...

Scripture: 1 Samuel 31:1-5

“…Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.”
Matthew 8:21 (KJV)

In our everyday life, it is either we are following someone or someone is following us. People tend to demand and expect total allegiance from those who follow them but when they are expected to follow, they bring up excuses or give conditions without which, they would refuse to follow another. 

What was Saul’s armour-bearer still doing, hanging around Saul? After all, Saul was mortally wounded with a very slim chance of survival (v3). The easiest thing to have done was to abandon him. Rather, he not only stayed with him; he also died with him (v.5). He refused to act like the man who had told Jesus “Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father” (Matt 8:21). Saul’s armour-bearer followed without excuses or conditions. What an example he is to us today.
Are you prepared to go the distance for the one you look up to as your leader? What is it that you must do before you can follow Christ fully? How much discomfort, pain and hurt will you be willing to withstand before you back out? What can separate you from following God (Rom. 8:39)? The vessel that God can use to the fullest is the one that has burnt the bridges behind him. If this is not your resolve yet, it is not too late. You can start today. Make a commitment to follow God without looking back (Lk. 9:62) and grace will be released upon you.

REMEMBER TO ATTEND: 
Leadership/Communion Service tomorrow, 5:30PM.

PRAYER:
Lord, help me to follow you to the end without wavering in Jesus name.

FAITH BYTE:
I follow hard after God. Nothing can make me change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment