THOMAS KIND OF FAITH


Scripture: John 20:24-29

“Therefore, I say to you, whatever thing you ask, when you pray,
believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”
Mark 11:24 (NKJV)

Feedback: Share how continuously giving God thanks has impacted your life.

The initial proof of faith is confession. The final proof of faith is action. Many people complain, groan, sigh and whine for good things to happen to them. They want to detect that every symptom of their condition is gone from their bodies before they start believing God.
That is out of order with the word of God and it will not bring you victory in any way.

Thomas said in John 20:25, ‘I will not believe…until I can see him and put my finger into the print in his hands and thrust my hand into the wound in his side’. When Jesus appeared, Thomas believed and said in verse 28 ‘my lord and my God”. Jesus said to him, because you have seen, you believed” in other word Thomas was not believing in the same way we believe in Jesus’s resurrection today. We believe it because the word of God says it is so. Thomas believed because he saw him with his physical eyes.

Your faith should be in what God says not what you can see or feel. By faith you have to take delivery of something you have not seen but you have hope that you will have it because you believe you have it, that’s when your delivery is manifested.

Reflection: Do I believe because the word of God says so or do I act like Thomas?

PRAYER: Help me lord to rise beyond the Thomas kind of faith to the faith that believes with the heart.

FAITH BYTE: I am a believer. I do not walk by the senses. I depend on the promises of God’s word for my blessing.

This Week Walk of Faith: Extend your faith over fear, locate one person who you have been avoiding and tell him/her about the love of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment