HEART OR HEAD FAITH


Scripture: Mark 11:20-26

‘Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and
certain of what we do not see’
Hebrew 11:1 (NIV)

God did not suggest to the believers to live by faith. He gave a command “the righteous shall live by faith” the word “shall” is a mandate. Victory in the life of a believer results from the faith lifestyle. Faith believes with the heart.
There is a huge difference between believing with the heart and just believing what your physical senses tells you (i.e. agreeing with your head or mental assent). What is the difference?

Our text says that faith is the evidence of things not seen. Heart faith is the life transforming faith. Head faith won’t help, so believe with your heart by taking God’s promises and saying, it is mine, I have it now. If it is mental assent, it says.’ I know the word of God is true, I know he has promised to fill me with the Holy Spirit but for some reason, I just can’t get it. I do not know why? But real faith in God’s word says if God’s word says it, so it is; It is mine; I have it now. Even though I can’t see it, I have it already because God’s word says so.

No matter what your senses are telling you, no matter what the economy is saying, no matter what the weather or climate says or how impossible it seems, only if you don’t doubt in your heart but believe in God’s word it shall come to pass for you.

REMEMBER TO ATTEND: MAP Meeting (Home Fellowship) tomorrow.

PRAYER: O Lord, take me beyond mental assent of your word. Drive me into believing with my heart in Jesus Name.

FAITH BYTE: I am who God says I am, I can do what God says I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment