LIFE SAVING FAITH


Scripture: 1 Kings 17:8-16 (KJV)

“…Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof
a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for
thee and for thy son.” I kings 17:13 (KJV)

Elijah demanded of her firmly, “make me a little cake first.” This difficult request was the bridge between life and death for her and her son. If she disobeyed, death would consume her and her son. In times of scarcity, there is the high tendency to walk by what we see, contrary to walking by faith.

Obviously, Elijah was able to demand from the woman because it was also an instruction from God in order to help the woman and her son. There are so many people in the woman’s position these days looking and seeking for help. Although some end up being exploited by Christians and others also neglect the needs of men of God like Elijah through whom God has decided to bless them.

The most difficult time to give is when there is little or nothing left. Yet the truth remains from our text. What you do for a man of God in need, determines what God will do for you in your time of need.

PRAYER: O Lord, position me to be of help to your servants even when it’s not convenient in the name of Jesus.

FAITH BYTE: I give and it is given unto me, good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over.

No comments:

Post a Comment