BE CONTENT


Scripture: 1 Timothy 6:3-10

“But godliness with contentment is great gain.” 1 Timothy 6:6 (NIV)

 Feedback: Did you visit and encouraged someone this past week?

When we switch on our televisions, surf the internet or walk out into the streets, we are bombarded with advertising gimmicks from sellers to buy the next trinket or electronic gadget, attend the most exciting programme or send our children to the best school or programme in town.
These can overwhelm our senses and pressurize us into a state of constant insatiability where we are never satisfied with what we have or where we are because there is always the next best thing to do or own.

The bible reminds us that not being satisfied with what we have can bring up evil desires in us and because of the corrupt nature of the flesh, we might be pushed to take actions that are not godly just to satisfy our desires. As we crave success, we should not allow our needs or the love of worldly desires get the upper hand in our lives. Being content with what we have is a virtue that we must covet and possess as Christians because it displays our trust in God to supply our needs.

God has given every Christian the dominion and authority required to prosper in the land but it is in God’s time that he makes all things beautiful in our lives. We should not let delay or the desire to be like the Jones’ push us to stray from what is right or to wander from the faith. We should endeavour to make do with what we have presently. We should spend time each day recounting our blessings and give God gratitude for what we have. Remember, the earth is His and the fullness thereof, He will perfect all that concerns us and provide what we need.

Reflection: Am I grateful for what I have and where I am?

PRAYER: Lord, I thank you for all you have provided for me; I put my trust in you knowing all my needs are met in Jesus name.

FAITH BYTE: I am content for I know the Lord shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory

This Week Walk of Faith: Create your gratitude atmosphere, list out at least 10 things you are grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment