THE REAL SOURCE OF YOUR WORDS


Scripture: Matthew 12:33-37

“You brood of Vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good?
For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks”.
Matthew 12:34 (NIV)

The nature of a tree inevitably determines the kind of fruit.The kind of fruit shows the nature of the tree. From our text the tree is the heart and the fruit the mouth. If the heart is good, the words that come out from the mouth will be good vice versa, for the heart overflows through the mouth.


To heal your mouth, you must heal your heart. To change your speech, you necessarily need to change what you are depositing into your heart. The psalmist prophetically speaking of the messiah drove this truth home in psalm 45:1-2 “my heart overflows with good theme; I address my verses to the king; my tongue is the pen of a ready writer. (Notice the heart overflowing to the tongue). Thou art fairer than the sons of men; grace is poured upon thy lips; therefore, God has blessed thee forever” (NAS)

Grace is poured upon his lip from the overflow of the heart resulting in everlasting blessing. Be careful what you feed into your heart through watching. TV and films, tapes and music to, the kind of books and magazines you read and who you listen to, these are several avenues of feeding your heart. Be selective because if you pour nonsense into your heart, your life will turn out the same way.

PRAYER: Lord! Help me to filter what I listen to, what I watch and what I read in Jesus name.

FAITH BYTE: I take heed to what I hear; I consistently make only good deposits in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment