SETTLING YOUR DESTINY


Scripture: Numbers 14:20-38 (KJV)

“Death and life are in the power of the tongue:
and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.”
Proverbs 18:21(KJV)

The Bible in the book of James uses four particular pictures to represent the tongue; namely the rudder in the ship, the bit in the horse’s mouth, a spark that starts a forest fire and a source of poison that corrupts the river of life.

The rudder determines the course and the destiny of the entire ship. If it is misused, it will lead to certain shipwreck but proper use leads to safe arrival at the harbour.
The tongue plays a similar role in our lives. It is capable of causing incalculable harm if left unchecked and vice versa. Men determine their own destinies for good or bad by the way they use their tongues. The incidence in our scripture reading captures this truth. Notice in verse 28 “as you have settled what I will do to you by the words you have spoken”.

Ten of the spies who spoke negatively settled for death, but the only two; Joshua and Caleb who spoke positively received life. In both cases they settled their destinies by what they spoke. The two said, “We are well able” and they lived. Those ten who said we are not able, saw a problem and perished in the wilderness with all who believed them. Confess his promise alone not the problem because what you say is what you get.

PRAYER: Help me Lord to focus on your promises like Joshua and Caleb and not on problems like the ten spies in Jesus mighty name.

FAITH BYTE: I am what God says I am. I can do what God says I can do. I am well able to possess my promised land. I step out at once to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment