ENJOY YOUR INHERITANCE


Scripture: Luke 15:11-32

“I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,
from whence cometh my help.” Psalms 121:1 (KJV)

His elder brothers’ anger and complaint were very legitimate. People should bear the consequences of their decisions and actions. But what the father was doing was showing mercy not justifying and approving the deeds of the prodigal son. This was a difficult pill for me to swallow for some time until I began to submit to how God thinks.
While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. God always receives and forgives the repentant and backslidden. He is the God of a second chance. We must renew our minds to how God thinks. We are saved because of His mercy. When others come in learn to receive them as God does.

The second lesson taught us by the senior son’s reaction here is powerfully stated by his father in verses 29-31. Verse 31 says “son thou art ever with me and all that I have is thine.” He always had access to his father’s abundance and could have enjoyed it as much as he wanted but he did not. He could have thrown a party if he wanted. He was with his father but he lacked an understanding of his generosity He did not enjoy his inheritance because he failed to ask.

PRAYER: Lord, give me the grace to know how to possess my inheritance in Christ.

FAITH BYTE: I recover every lost inheritance by the mercies of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment