OUR CHOICES HAVE CONSEQUENCES

Scripture: Deuteronomy 30:11-20

 “Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live” Deuteronomy 30:19 (NLT)

God created us in his own image and likeness but he also gave us a will and the freedom of choice. His desire, however, is that we choose the part that leads to life (Jn. 3:16)
. Every choice we make today ultimately adds up to make or mar our future.

People make choices that seem easy, attractive and comfortable ignoring the fact that shortcuts often lead to prolonged misery (Prov. 4:12). We should always avoid decisions that will distract us from putting God and his righteousness first in our life. When we rebel against God and choose our way, we choose a path that can lead to avoidable pain. Shortcuts may seem the smart and best strategy temporarily but the consequence may outlive their short-lived benefit..

God is always willing to guide and direct you. You should depend on him to lead you through the right path. You have the liberty of making your own choices but the final verdict comes from God when you commit your decisions through prayers to him.

PRAYER:  Lord, I open my heart to you today, help me to make decisions that will benefit and bless me, in Jesus name.

FAITH BYTE: I choose the new and living way today. I choose to serve God.

No comments:

Post a Comment