PREACH FEARLESSLY


Scripture: Matthew 10:24-28

“Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel…” Ephesians 6:19 (NIV)

With the overwhelming advancement in modern communication technology, Christians today can easily reach out and preach to hundreds and thousands of souls but many believers fail to do so. Many are afraid that speaking up for Christ may have negative effects on their lives.
There are far more reaching consequences for the souls we fail to share Christ with and that is why the bible urges us not to be afraid.

The fear of being persecuted today is as real as it were in bible times hence believers do not want to be ostracized or called names. Some do not want to lose their coveted social status or the wealth they have gained hence they shy away from preaching the gospel. They reckon that it is easier to uphold earthly possessions at the expense of heavenly possessions so they deny Jesus who alone can give eternal life (Matt. 10:28).

 As a believer, it is a reality that you will pass through persecution while preaching the gospel. Remember Jesus Christ passed through them too. A true believer knows that the word of God requires a high level of commitment and faith through the leading of Holy Spirit. Always consult the Comforter through prayers in your quest to continually and fearlessly reach the unreached today.

PRAYER: Lord, grant me power to overcome every form of modern day persecution as I carry out your purpose in my life in Jesus name.

FAITH BYTE:  I model Christ, therefore I live fearless to make his word known all over the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment