POWER OF FASTING AND PRAYER







Scripture: Esther 4:10-16

 "Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish." Esther 4:16 (NIV)
Fasting with prayers is a spiritual exercise believers undertake that helps to physically tune the spirit above the flesh. Fasting and prayers engages and empowers the spirit.

Esther risked her life when she came before king Xerxes in his inner court to plead for the lives of Mordecai and the entire Jewish nation.
She took the step of faith with fasting and prayer. She fasted because she needed an urgent intervention from God for her people’s deliverance. When fasting is done without prayers, it is merely starvation. In the Old Testament, fasting was usually accompanied with prayers as we see in the lives of Moses, Elijah, Ezra and Daniel, Jesus and his disciples (Mk. 9:28-29; Act 13:3). When believers fast and pray, they submit their frailties to the all-powerful God to take preeminence.

As believers, we are encouraged to fast with prayer for great results. Avail yourself the opportunity for unimaginable supernatural outcome through fasting. Even Jesus acknowledged to his disciples the importance of this spiritual exercise when he let his disciples know that “this (situation) will not change without a fast.

REMEMBER TO ATTEND: MAP Meeting (Home Fellowship) tomorrow.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to take advantage of the power of fasting with prayers in Jesus name.

FAITH BYTE: I enter my next level because fasting with prayer avails much for me

No comments:

Post a Comment